Wednesday, November 9, 2011

D&J Curtain Project

Next sewing project is Dick & Jane Curtains.
Old school back again. Sew the next curtain. Now let's begin.
Say: Dick & Janeeeeeee!!!


That's right.
Dick & Jane curtains.
I grew up on Dick & Jane, my mom read it to me and they are great reader books. Teacher Cindy at my daughter's school commissioned me to sew her some new curtains for her classroom. She is a Dick & Jane fan and she loves to use Dick & Jane books in her class. I'm looking forward to seeing how the curtains will look in the classroom, insha'allah.

See Gail match up cloth.
See Gail sew.
See Zaynab read curtains.
"Go and tell Daddy, Zaynab," says Mommy.



It took me about 45 minutes to match up the prints. I want to conserve as much fabric as possible while showing off the lovely prints on the fabric. I got five windows to do, two plain pair of panels, two pairs with a little design, and one showcase piece, insha'allah.


Sally: "I can have a Decaf Viente Latte with Toffenut Flavor, please?"

Well back to work.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, just be truthful(tactfully) and have fun.

Disqus for DIDY Islamic Clothing